E M I L Y V I T R A N O
actor. teaching artist. yoga instructor.
stage, film, television, voice over, industrial, print
classroom, individual coaching
group classes, individual sessions/coaching
Emily is an actor and teaching artist making her creative life in the Chicago area. She is a proud company member of Kane Repertory Theatre in St. Charles, IL and is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor (RYT) at the 200-hour level. She holds an MFA in acting from Northern Illinois University, a BFA in acting from UNC Greensboro, and is a member of Actor's Equity Association. She is proudly represented by Paonessa Talent Agency in Chicago.
- Tackling the role of Jenny in A Small Fire with Next Act Theatre in Milwaukee, WI in February 2020. Production details can be found at nextact.org.
- Studying the First Folio technique with Chicago Shakespeare Theater and Kevin Grudahl.
- Adjunct teaching at Northern Illinois University.
- Directing the "New Student Jamboree" at Northern Illinois University in late August, early September.
- Was featured in The Outer Loop Theatre Experience's monthly blog, linked HERE.
- Taught a Viewpoints Master Class to the students at the Playhouse Performing Arts Academy in Hartland, WI.
- Signed with Paonessa Talent in Chicago!
- Graduated with her MFA in acting from Northern Illinois University.
- Filmed an industrial for GE Healthcare.
- Played the title role in NIU's production of Hamlet.
- Completed the SITI Company Summer Intensive; a four-week intensive studying Viewpoints and Suzuki with SITI Company members, culminating in a public performance of The Bacchae, directed by Anne Bogart.
"Vitrano is truly on the verge of becoming a member of the top tier of young Milwaukee actors. Vitrano has a great gift for comedic timing..." - OnMilwaukee.com